And just like that we have another 5 “new’ maps coming to Modern Warfare 2 on June 3rd in the form of the Resurgence Pack. And that’s really all we know at this point. There’s been no word on whether it will be all new maps or a combination of old and new like the Stimulus Pack was, all we know is that it will come out on June 3rd. We’re not even sure if this will be Xbox exclusive to start like the last one or if all consoles/PC will get it right away. We also know that there will be two double XP weekends surrounding the launch of the map pack, the first one being the weekend of May 28th and then June 4th.
We’ll keep you posted when we get more details, like what maps they are and what the price point will be.
UPDATE: Here are the details of the new maps, and again it’s 3 new maps and 2 from CoD4 and yes the price point will be $15.
[phpbay]modern warfare 2, 3, “”, “”[/phpbay]
- Vacant — the wide open Russian office complex from CoD4
- Strike — the urban town surrounded by hotels from CoD4
- Carnival — an abandoned carnival area with a Ferris wheel, fun house and other attractions
- Trailer Park — full of “super tight corridors” and featuring a pool (“Mobile Estates,” Bowling calls it)
- Fuel — a “sniper haven” based in and around an oil refinery