Check out this hour long video from Gamespot featuring the ins and outs of the multiplayer in Call of Duty: Black Ops
Interesting Things I Noticed In The Video:
- Easter Eggs hidden in maps (shoot all the heads off the mannequins in Nuke Town for a surprise, double rainbow in NukeTown, Nuke destroys town at the end of each game)
- Map Voting – Like Halo: Reach, once a match is over the group can vote on the next map from a series of 3 (as far as I could tell).
- No Commando, danger close, one man army or stopping power and no death streaks, but there is still lightweight and marathon – Full List of Perks
- Maps are interactive – Sign in Nuke Town that tells you how many players are currently in Nuke Town, rocket in Launch actually fires off.
- Kill Streak Rewards DO NOT count towards kill streak rewards – So you can’t use a predator to get a harrier to get a chopper gunner, etc.
- Care Packages will contain rare special weapons/killstreaks not available normally (obviously it’ll be rare to get these items).
- Wager Matches look fun as hell!
- Ridiculous levels of customization
- Player skins change based on Perks not based on weapons.
- Sections are unlocked via leveling up, but the actual items within those sections are then purchased with CoD Points, not unlocked with levels or challenges. (Example: Level XX unlocks the Perks section, but then it costs $XXXX for each perk)
- Supposedly Quick Scoping has been removed from the game, based on previous chats with the developers, but in the video one of the players appears to quick scope another (could have just been luck). Just read that the scope will not auto-center when you scope-in like it did in MW2, which is how they are combating quick scoping. So you’ll have to readjust when you scope in now…. thank god.
- Dogs and Poison Gas are back
- “Classified” guns have special requirements in order to unlock (Example: Purchase 7 items within the Assault Rifle group to unlock)
- You can pick up any equipment and reposition it (including claymores) – Info not found in video but rather on JD_2020 ‘s twitter (he’s the community manager for Treyarch)
- Custom games that you create can be saved to the community file share so anyone can download your game settings and play them. You can limit anything from time limit and score, all the way to weapons, attachments and perks… this is going to be sick!
- Barebones modes as well as normal and hardcore modes.
Everything else you could possibly want to know is after the jump!
Light Machine Guns
Assault Rifle Attachments
|3 Kills – Spy Plane
3 Kills – RC-XD (RC bomb)
4 Kills – Counter Spy Plane
4 Kills – SAM Turret
5 Kills – Care Package
5 Kills – Napalm Strike
6 Kills – Sentry Gun
6 Kills – Mortar Team
7 Kills – Attack Helicopter
7 Kills – Valkyrie Rockets
8 Kills – Blackbird
8 Kills – “Rolling Thunder”
9 Kills – Chopper Gunner
11 Kills – Attack Dogs
11 Kills – Gunship
Ability: Allows you to move faster, but how fast depends on the equipped weapons mobility. This should be used with a “run and gun” class due to the added speed.
Pro Ability: When equipped, this enables you to fire faster after sprinting.
For example, when selecting a Care Package and you get the Spy Plane killstreak reward, you get the following option: “Hold X for Spy Plane OR Double Tap to Try Again”
If you have Second Chance equipped, any teammate can revive you – even players that don’t have Second Chance. You can see a white REVIVE tag above a player that can be revived.
Team Deathmatch will return; however, points for headshots and other bonuses will be added to the team’s score.
Capture the Flag
Search and Destroy
Hardcore Team Deathmatch
Combat Training: Fight against enemy AI in a training mode