There is a new game update for Call of Duty: Black Ops which hit Xbox Live and PS3 sometime late last night (2AM). There’s a lot of good things in this update, particularly the update to re-rolling SAM turrets and sentry guns with Hardline Pro. We figured this out awhile ago, but if you have Hardline Pro on and your killstreak rewards were SAM Turret, Care Package and Sentry Gun, you essentially had 3 care packages that you could get back to back due to the fact that Hardline Pro allows you to randomly change a care package and since SAM/Sentry Turrets come in care packages you were allowed to switch them… not anymore. They also updated the red diamonds that appear around enemy players when using a Chopper Gunner or Gunship… mainly they are now delayed so when you spawn you don’t immediately have a target on your head, which will hopefully eliminate some of the spawn camping. There’s also a bunch of updates to the matchmaking and party handling which is always good and the knife lunge has been reduced. There’s a ton of other changes, but you can read them all below.
I’ve also been reading about a lot of people complaining about the change with Hardline Pro saying that now that Hardline Pro doesn’t re-roll SAM/Sentry’s that everyone will be using Ghost (Pro)… really? Just because I can’t re-roll the other killstreak rewards isn’t going to change my perk load out, but I will change my killstreak rewards… I guess some people just can’t get the higher killstreak rewards without re-rolling care packages…
- Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
- Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.
- Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
- Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.
- Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
- Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
- Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
- Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
- Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
- Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
- Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
- Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
- Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
- Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.
- Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
- Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
- Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
- Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
- Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
- Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
- Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.